Accidents Caused by Distracted Truck Drivers
Boise Truck Accident Attorney
Under Idaho law, texting or using a cell phone while driving is not yet illegal, but drivers who are at fault for causing an accident while distracted can be held liable for civil damages. Professional commercial truck drivers are held to a higher standard by federal regulations covered in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMCSA).
If you were injured in a truck accident in Idaho because of a distracted truck driver behind the wheel, you are entitled to seek full and fair money damages as compensation for:
- Medical bills for treatment, physical therapy and on-going health care related to the injury
- Lost earnings during your time away from work and lost earnings potential over a lifetime
- Pain and suffering related to your injuries
- Loss of consortium, loss of love and support from personal relationships
What Is Reckless Civil Liability?
Idaho courts have ruled that a victim of a distracted truck driver may sue under a tort known as reckless civil liability. Talking or texting on a cell phone while driving, reading, setting the radio and eating while driving are among many distractions that can result in an accident. The insurance company covering the truck company will be held liable for all damages directly related to your injuries and financial losses.
Houst Law Office PLLC, in Boise, is recognized as one of Idaho's prominent truck accident injury and wrongful death litigation firms. We stand up to the largest national trucking firms and their insurance defense lawyers on behalf of victims of truck driver and truck company negligence.
We have extensive experience helping victims of Idaho truck accidents recover compensation for personal injury and wrongful death resulting from:
- Distracted truck driver accidents, truck driver texting while driving
- Drunk truck driver accidents
- Accidents caused by over-tired truck driver, truck driver fatigue
- Accidents caused by farm tractor and equipment drivers
- Unsafe trailer loads, wide load truck wrecks
- Truck driver speeding, reckless driving
- FMCSA violations
Free Consultation · No Fees Unless You Win · Serving Clients Throughout Idaho
From our offices in Boise, our Idaho distracted truck driver accident attorneys represent clients in personal injury and wrongful death litigation matters in communities throughout Idaho. We offer a free consultation and handle all personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. You will not pay attorneys fees if we cannot help you recover money damages in an insurance settlement or jury verdict. Contact us today.